A recent study predicts that 80% of online content will be video-based by 2020.
Depending on who you're reading or talking to, YouTube has grown to become one of the Top Three Social Media sites on the internet, at times eclipsing both Facebook and Twitter. In fact, in the US, YouTube has now outgrown Facebook as Number One!
Beyond this, the trend toward video consumption among online consumers of digital information requires all of us to increase our emphasis on video as a marketing tool.
The study, performed by Cisco, predicts that consumer internet video traffic will dominate other types of traffic by 2020, taking a massive 80% share of the global market. However, when Video-on-Demand, Peer-to-Peer video, and business video are added to the mix, that number may climb as high as 90% of all internet traffic!
Here are a few of the high points from the study:
- By 2020, 80% of global Internet consumption will be video content.
- Traffic from wireless and mobile devices will rise to 66% in 2020.
- It would take an individual over 5 million years to watch the amount of video that will cross global IP networks every single month in 2020.
- Every second, nearly a million minutes of video content will cross I.P. networks by 2020.
- Internet video to TV grew 47% in 2014, will increase fourfold by 2020.
- Consumer Video-on-Demand traffic will nearly double by 2020, to the equivalent to 7 billion DVDs per month.
Of course, in the design business, video can make a massive impression on potential clients, enabling you to share images of stylish, high-quality case goods, luxury upholstered furniture, stunning wall coverings, beautiful area rugs, and other offerings. Video is also the perfect medium for introducing yourself to potential clients by making an impression on them with your knowledge, expertise, and personality; not to mention using video testimonials from satisfied clients!
Whether or not you're currently using online video to promote your design business, the current trend toward online video consumption discussed above should be more than enough to inspire you to begin or expand your use of this invaluable online marketing tool.
Looking for interior design trends and tips? Get in touch with TD Fall today.